Are you a writer? A poet? Someone who loves the culture of cafes and coffee?
Join the Cafe Poet Program before March 14 and go in the draw to win a free copy of Poems 2013.
The Cafe Poet Program has been instrumental in placing poets in cafes as ‘poets in residence’ since 2009. Poets are given space to write and given complimentary tea and/or coffee and have access to a dedicated facebook page to get connected with other poets in the program. In return the cafe gets to be part of this community, promotion on our website and social media and the opportunity to plan events with the poet, enriching the cultural life of the cafe. The number of hours spent in the cafe by the poet is as mutually agreed.
The program has been a huge success, with poets producing anthologies of their work and taking part in events and readings while reaching out to members of the public who might otherwise not have much exposure to poetry. Over the years, poets have become more or less fixtures in their chosen cafe.
Becoming a cafe poet is simple. All you need to do is:
1. Contact a cafe and make arrangements.
2. Tell us. We’ll need your contact details and a contact email and name for the cafe. Please forward to firstname.lastname@example.org:
3. We’ll send you a Cafe Poet poster to place in the cafe, or some postcards for you and/or their customers to use to make wonderful poetry.
4. You can hook up with other Cafe Poets on our facebook page.
5. And we’ll always be on hand to answer any questions you or your cafe may have.
The Cafe Poets Program is open to Australian Poetry members only. Sign up now at: http://www.australianpoetry.org/renew/
CURRENT CAFE POETS
Jennifer Liston – Evida
Benjamin IQ Sanders – Acustico Melbourne
Craig Kenneth Coulson – The Peddler
Elizabeth Beaton – Bartiste Lounge
Petr Malapanis – Tre Biccheiri
Flora Smith – Old Bakery
Midge Avery- Laundry
Ruari Jack Hughes – La Tropicana