For individual performance of original poetry of any style.
Performance and judging will be on Saturday 17 February 2018 in the Orange Civic Theatre, Orange NSW.
- Open – for any individual contestants
- Novice Recital – for individual contestants who have not won first prize in a poetry recital competition
- Novice Reading – for individual contestants who wish to read their poem
- High School students – for individual contestants who are attending high school in 2018
- Primary School students – for individual contestants who are attending primary school in 2018
Class 1 Open: first prize $600; second prize $300; third prize $100
Class 2 Novice Recital: first prize $400: second prize $200; third prize $50
Class 3 Novice Reading: first prize $300: second prize $150; third prize $50
Class 4 High School: first prize $200: second prize $100; third prize $50
Class 5 Primary School: first prize $200: second prize $100; third prize $50
Conditions of entry:
- Poems are to be original works.
- Poems and performances are not to be offensive and must be suitable for family entertainment.
- Poems are to be performed by the poet, in person, at the event.
- The performance may include reciting, reading, singing, chanting, rapping, acting
and/or Reading or use of notes in Classes 1 and 2 will be penalised in the judging and point scoring. Reading or use of notes in Classes 3, 4 and 5 will not be penalised.
- The maximum presentation time is 5 minutes per entry (preamble and postscript are included in the 5 minutes).
- Entrants are to provide their own equipment and props. A microphone and speaker will
be available on stage.
- Judging will be based on guidelines provided by the Australian Bush Poets Association (ABPA) and judges will use the ABPA score sheets.
- Entrants may enter one Class only.
- The maximum number of entries per individual contestant is 2.
- Each entry must be different – i.e. an entry must not be repeated in the competition.
- Poems performed in previous Banjo Paterson Australian Poetry Competitions, Orange, must not be entered in this 2018 competition.
- Entries are accepted once the entry fee is paid.
- There is no need to submit a copy of the poem(s).
- The entry fee for the Open and Novice Classes is $5 per entry.
- Entry for the High School and Primary School Classes is free.
- Entry fees are payable by cheque to Rotary Club of Orange Inc or by direct deposit to the Rotary Club of Orange Project Account.
- Entries close at 5 pm on Wednesday 7 February 2018.
- Entrants will be notified by email before Monday 12 February 2018 of the time of their performance.
Post entry forms to:
Rotary Club of Orange Inc.
PO Box 52 ORANGE NSW 2800
Send cheque with entry form or make electronic payment to:
Rotary Club of Orange Project
Account BSB: 082774; Account number: 509857605
Contact person: Len Banks email@example.com or 02 6361 7677
This event is sponsored by:
Orange City Council, Norm Penhall, Orange Regional Arts Foundation, Rotary Club of Orange