judged by imtiaz dharker & michael symmons roberts
prizes: 1st £2,000; 2nd £1,000; 3rd £500
plus with thanks to leading poetry magazines & troubadour coffee-house
- 1 two-year subscription to the manhattan review
- 5 one-year subscriptions to poetry (from poetry foundation)
- 3 one-year subscriptions to poetry ireland review
- 2 one-year subscriptions to the rialto
- £100 troubadour restaurant gift voucher
- bottle of troubadour champagne
plus, for all prize-winning poets, an invitation to read at coffee-house poetry on prize night, mon 27 nov 2017, with imtiaz dharker & michael symmons roberts
submit via e-mail or post by mon 16 oct 2017
(check out 2016 winning poems & judges’ reports on our poems page)
- Imtiaz Dharker, poet (visual artist & prizewinning film-maker) was born in Pakistan, grew up in Glasgow, & now divides her time between London, Wales & India. She is a Fellow of the Royal Society of Literature, is a prescribed poet for GCSEEnglish, has appeared on Desert Island Discs, & has been awarded both the Society of Authors’ Cholomondeley Prize & the Queen’s Gold Medal for Poetry. Latest of her six poetry collections is Over the Moon (Bloodaxe, 2014).
- Michael Symmons Roberts has also published 6 collections of poetry, all with Cape, including Drysalter (2013) & is Professor of Poetry at Manchester Metropolitan University. He has won the Forward Prize, Costa Book Award & Whitbread Prize for Poetry. Born in Preston, Lancs, he grew up in Newbury, Berks, &, in addition to his much-awarded poetry, has written & presented radio documentaries & dramas, & has written novels, libretti, & texts for oratorios & song cycles.
judges will read all poems submitted
For more information, go here.